This recipe is also great when made with pecans or almonds!
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter (can be salted or unsalted)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Large piece of parchment paper
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Using a rubber spatula, I like to add the butter first to let it melt, then add the sugar/cinnamon and mix it, then add the walnuts and mix until evenly coated.
- Stir continuously so that your mixture doesn’t burn.
- After about 4-5 minutes the sugar and butter mixture will eventually start to melt. Once completely melted remove from skillet and immediately spread the nuts out on a large sheet of parchment paper. You will want to quickly make sure all the nuts are separated, otherwise you’ll end up with a big chunk of nuts/hardened sugar.
- Let the nuts cool completely then store in a jar/container of your choosing.