It’s finally hot here in Western New York and much of this weekend was spent out in the sun!
Friday I went to my mom and stepdad’s house on Sodus Point and hung out on the dock for most of the day. It’s honestly one of my favorite places to be. Something about being on a body of water is just so relaxing.
Saturday I ended up spontaneously going strawberry picking at Chase Farms with a friend! This is something we hadn’t done in years, and is always so fun and the fresh strawberries taste so much better! They give you a container and a row in the field to pick from and you get to fill it up as much as you like. Only downside was it was 80 degrees by about 10am, so we didn’t stay out too long!
I picked up some of their buttermilk biscuits and made a simple strawberry shortcake for dessert that night! All I did was cut up about 2 1/2 cups of the strawberries and placed them in a bowl, then stirred in 3tbsp of sugar and let them sit for a few hours. Then, I just dumped the strawberries/juice on top of the biscuit with some whipped cream. Only thing that would have made it better is a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
On Sunday I headed over to my aunt and uncle’s for some time by the pool with the cousins. The pool was that perfect temp where its not so cold you don’t want to get in but not so warm it doesn’t feel refreshing.
For anyone who, like me, struggles with really sensitive skin (easily gets irritated, chemical burns, rashes, etc.) I wanted to share my new favorite face sunscreen. This isn’t an ad or paid sponsorship, I just really wanted to share this miracle product as someone who has never had any luck with facial sunscreens. CeraVe has this wonderful tinted sunscreen, and I have to say I’m in love for multiple reasons.
- No burning, itching or rashes. I’ve NEVER had a facial sunscreen not cause a burning sensation on my cheeks/upper lip before.
- It’s tinted, so it doesn’t leave a white cast on your face. I actually now use this as a summertime “foundation”. I easily just put this on then some blush or bronzer and I’m set to go.
- It doesn’t cause me any breakouts. Another thing I’ve NEVER found a sunscreen able to do. I was suuuper happy with this one since it’s usually a reason I hate to wear facial sunscreen.
- A little goes a long way. I use about a dime sized amount for my face/neck.
- It lasts. I’ve yet to have a burn and over the course of being outside for about 6 hours I’ve only had to reapply once.
You can find this at most drugstores and at a decent price too. I got mine at Walmart for I believe $13!
What are your favorite sunscreens or summertime health/beauty products?
Anybody else have somewhere near them that they can pick fruit in the summer?